The forum for General Discussion
Post Apr 11, 2017 03:50
I just installed GC4 and already am very impressed with it and looking forward to building some sweet 2d maps.

Maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find a way to edit line color within a theme, or to create a custom theme. The base0.zip seems to have the theme icons, but not source XML files or whatever the color definitions are stored in. Is there a way to change the edge color when using the "Block" brush within a theme?

Thanks!
Site Admin
Post Apr 11, 2017 21:13
Hey Adrian,

Sorry but there are no custom theme options right now. I've added a new one in the next update (white blueprint) but right now the theme settings are all hard coded into the application. I'll probably add something eventually to let you specify your own via XML. It's not been requested often so it's fallen by the way-side to other features. I'll stick it on the big list for a future update after 4.0.4 (I'm trying to lock down this next version right now as its had way too much feature-creep already).

I should point out, although it's not ideal, that even though blocks use the default theme colour for their edges you can draw over those edges by hand with your own coloured walls.

Thanks for the kind words and for supporting the project.
Post Apr 11, 2017 23:47
Hi David,

Thank you for replying! That's all fine, mostly I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. This program already has an unbelievable range of features, and this can be addressed manually as you suggest.

Cheers!
Adrian