The forum for General Discussion
Post Oct 10, 2016 15:49
Im using v3, when im using bulldozer is there a way to keep walls i dont cross over from being remved?

Ill try to explain with ascii:
1. I make bulldoze 1 row, all lines around the #'s are set:

Code: Select all

2. I make a left turn and move forward

_____7
3. I make another left turn and move forward

CBA987
So the section between the #'s will be cleared.
But if the game actually has a wall section between there the user has to manually re-add the walls. I finding myself having to do this alot in a game like might and magic.
Is there a setting im missing?

This type of behavior would be ok for a game that always had 1 block wide walls.
Maybe an idea for v4, have a setting that only removes walls if the avatar moves across those blocks.

A second issue i noticed sometimes when crossing the map sections in MM1 where the game would load up the new section, GC will place a bulldozer block on the opposite side in another block. For instance sat there are 3 sections going left to right 123. I went east from one section 2 to section 3. A single bulldozer block showed up in section 1.
Last edited by Pickle on Oct 10, 2016 15:50, edited 3 times in total.
Site Admin
Post Oct 10, 2016 16:15
Pickle wrote:Maybe an idea for v4, have a setting that only removes walls if the avatar moves across those blocks.
Yeah the Bulldozer was added in a basic form after v3 launched and is something I would like to return to and expand on. It is currently limited to only drawing auto-wall blocks but, as you've found, the rules for that type of block leaves you with some extra walls to draw in by hand (since it assumes that adjacent blocks are part of one room). Having more advanced options to draw different things is definitely on my list.
Pickle wrote:A second issue i noticed sometimes when crossing the map sections in MM1 where the game would load up the new section, GC will place a bulldozer block on the opposite side in another block. For instance sat there are 3 sections going left to right 123. I went east from one section 2 to section 3. A single bulldozer block showed up in section 1.
Yeah this is a problem in a few games - they change position and map number at different times and GC is left thinking the player simply teleported. I'm looking into ways to improve this in v4 as Might and Magic III has the same issue.