The forum for General Discussion
Post May 27, 2017 16:12
Hello, I just started using this program and wow... so good and so fast and easy to use... It will surely be my tool of choice for my current rpg campaign!

But there are still some functions I can't seem to understand: one of these is the ceiling function.
I saw you can draw them, there's a toggle ceiling view, there's an option to automatically add them, and I tried experimenting with all these things and yet I just can't see anything different.

What are ceilings and how should I use them?
Site Admin
Post May 30, 2017 08:26
Hi Nafoi, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying Grid Cartographer!

Erm, I think you've found a bug :doh: There's supposed to be a little mark on the tile to show they have a ceiling, they will also show up in the 3D view in the Pro Edition. Seems like at some point the mark stopped working and I didn't catch it before the release. I will fix it for v4.0.5. Then it will make more sense as a feature!
Site Admin
Post May 30, 2017 13:27
I've fixed this problem (it only affected square grid maps btw) and it'll definitely be in v4.0.5. I think it broke while I was putting the fog in last version - sorry about that!