The forum for General Discussion
Post Jun 04, 2017 14:33
Hi!
Just a quick question! Is there a round/ellipse selection tool? I don't know if I can't find it or if it isn't there at all!

If it isn't there and it's simple to implement it would be a really good addition to create round rooms/buildings/regions. :)
Site Admin
Post Jun 05, 2017 09:10
Hi, there isn't a circle mode at the moment no, but it'd be good to have. Thanks for the suggestion.
Post Jun 06, 2017 07:56
Thank you! It would be great to have more selection modes for mapmaking. :)

By the way I already saw that you can "add to selection", creating hybrid selections using multiple rectangle selections, but can you also remove from selection? as in deselect a specific area inside a selection using another selection? (I don't know how to explain that better than this :ohdear: )
Site Admin
Post Jun 06, 2017 08:16
Nafoi wrote:
Jun 06, 2017 07:56
Thank you! It would be great to have more selection modes for mapmaking. :)

By the way I already saw that you can "add to selection", creating hybrid selections using multiple rectangle selections, but can you also remove from selection? as in deselect a specific area inside a selection using another selection? (I don't know how to explain that better than this :ohdear: )
It's okay I understand! - hold down ALT (OPT on macOS I think) and you can drag out a 'subtraction' rectangle that will remove from the selected area instead of adding to it like SHIFT does.
Post Jun 06, 2017 08:55
Wow, I was pretty sure I tried that but I was clearly wrong! Maybe I just tried with ctrl... :doh:
Thank you!
Site Admin
Post Jun 06, 2017 09:21
No worries. BTW. Be sure to check out the status bar line at the very bottom of the interface, it's full of little extra details like this.
Post Jun 08, 2017 07:39
I admit I'm guilty of not looking at status bars enough! :D
By the way now I remember why I couldn't find the subtraction selection... I tried it with the magic wand tool!
I was selecting a great region and was trying to deselect something inside it with the wand.
Is there a reason why the negative selection is disabled on the wand?
Site Admin
Post Jun 12, 2017 10:42
Nafoi wrote:
Jun 08, 2017 07:39
I admit I'm guilty of not looking at status bars enough! :D
By the way now I remember why I couldn't find the subtraction selection... I tried it with the magic wand tool!
I was selecting a great region and was trying to deselect something inside it with the wand.
Is there a reason why the negative selection is disabled on the wand?
Sorry I missed this post -- there's not a deliberate reason it's just work that has yet to be completed. I've been looking at the wand tool for the next version (fixing a few bugs and counter-intuitive annoyances with it) and if I manage it before the end of the month I'll include subtraction mode as well.
Post Jun 13, 2017 07:44
Thank you! :D