The forum for General Discussion
Site Admin
Post Jul 23, 2018 12:37
Happy to debug your profile for you if you wanna shoot me a mail on the contact page.
I wouldn't want to rob you of the fun of figuring this out by yourself though :)
Post Jul 23, 2018 23:48
David Walters wrote:
Jul 23, 2018 12:37
Happy to debug your profile for you if you wanna shoot me a mail on the contact page.
I wouldn't want to rob you of the fun of figuring this out by yourself though :)
Hi, I sent you a message via the contact page with my starter xml profile for my QB program. However, moments after sending the message, I noticed I was missing a tag in the profile. I had <regions> <region> </regions> and was missing </region>. Now it works, and it is great! I've added coordinates, and now I can draw a map, and move around inside the map using WASD in quick basic.

This is so neat, because now I can add a basic text-style rpg, with creating a character, but using the mapper as the game world. Then when it detects the cursor is at certain coordinates, text events can happen or pictures can display in the dosbox window. This is going to be fun trying it out :)
Site Admin
Post Jul 24, 2018 00:16
That is really awesome, I never imagined such a thing :golfclap:
Post Sep 26, 2018 05:09
PJ, please post your profile when you're done, I'm interested to play whatever game you end up creating!