The forum for General Discussion
Post Dec 25, 2018 23:10
So fist of all thank you for your great program, i make an positive review in steam after this.
Secound sorry for my bad english skills, i am from germany.

So my questions are.

1. when i want to use something i draw in GC as an map for Roll20, where are the options fo it in GC
here can youfind information about mapping for roll20 https://wiki.roll20.net/Creating_Marketplace_Assets
2. why is the grid i draw on not changing when i select other grid sizes in the options ? is it only for the export ?
3. i read often that GC users use their map in real time so that their players in their session can see what the GM is doing in GC, is this bullshit or has i read right ?
4.when i had draw something, can i only pic colors from it or is it possible to select an entire drawing to copy it to an another place ?
Found the copy tool
Site Admin
Post Dec 27, 2018 10:13
Hi Seradest,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and thanks for the kind words!

1. The options for image export are under the 'G' tab. On the left is a "Publish Image" page. There's a Roll20 preset which exports maps at 70px / tile. I see however that the guidelines are 140px so there's some work for me to do there.

2. The editor works at a fixed 32px / tile resolution. As the program develops more features such as the text tool, with its own sizing options, this will need to change in future.

3. Yes people have told me they've used in via a projector. You can also stream it via OBS / Twitch so there's no reason to believe this isn't happening somewhere! - it's definitely possible :)
Post Dec 27, 2018 18:56
David Walters wrote:
Dec 27, 2018 10:13
Hi Seradest,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and thanks for the kind words!

1. The options for image export are under the 'G' tab. On the left is a "Publish Image" page. There's a Roll20 preset which exports maps at 70px / tile. I see however that the guidelines are 140px so there's some work for me to do there.

2. The editor works at a fixed 32px / tile resolution. As the program develops more features such as the text tool, with its own sizing options, this will need to change in future.

3. Yes people have told me they've used in via a projector. You can also stream it via OBS / Twitch so there's no reason to believe this isn't happening somewhere! - it's definitely possible :)
Thx :D

here are some tipps to get an better mapping program as the rest is out there.

1.sometime you have very good assets,but they have different length and wide values.So ist would be great to transform graphics in the editor itself or let them change position when they skip to the grid (so we can move them in the middle of an cell not only on the line.

2.an extra layer for pictures that has not the same length and wide values

3.an color palette that has more than 256 colors.

That would beat the table top mapping software from other devs that are be used to make battlemaps
Site Admin
Post Dec 27, 2018 19:19
Thanks for the ideas -- I want to be the best, thanks for investing in this goal ! :toot: