It doesn't hurt to ask!
Post May 27, 2017 16:32
Hello, I have two suggestions:
first one, I'd like to have more options when publishing an image.
In particular I wouldn't mind having higher resolution exports and the possibility to choose the edges' thickness (if I want to make a dungeon with thicker walls, for example to help the selection with the fog of war option of fantasy grounds).

The second suggestion is a preview function of the current tile/edge selected when I'm painting on the map:
I just started using grid cartographer but I already felt I would have liked the option to see what I'm adding before I add it (example: I have the left torch selected and if I have the mouse on the tile I'm adding the torch to it would be good to see a "shadow"/transparent version of the object I'm adding, to see if it's the right one and if it's in the right position)
Site Admin
Post Jun 12, 2017 10:47
Nafoi wrote:
May 27, 2017 16:32
Hello, I have two suggestions:
first one, I'd like to have more options when publishing an image.
In particular I wouldn't mind having higher resolution exports and the possibility to choose the edges' thickness (if I want to make a dungeon with thicker walls, for example to help the selection with the fog of war option of fantasy grounds).

The second suggestion is a preview function of the current tile/edge selected when I'm painting on the map:
I just started using grid cartographer but I already felt I would have liked the option to see what I'm adding before I add it (example: I have the left torch selected and if I have the mouse on the tile I'm adding the torch to it would be good to see a "shadow"/transparent version of the object I'm adding, to see if it's the right one and if it's in the right position)
Both good suggestions.

The First will require a full rewrite of the image exporter though -- I should probably consider vector based output so I can scale it to any size. SVG export has been requested a few times.

The second is on my list already, I think it'd be great to have a ghostly preview, similar to the Eraser tool.