It doesn't hurt to ask!
Post Oct 16, 2018 13:49
Howdy,

I have the Gamer version and 2 questions.

1. I'm trying to get Wizardy 7 setup to show the game, the map, and some notes. The game and map work great, heck just the interface and the ability to show any DOSBOX game is well worth the money spent. I would like to utilize multiple monitors to drag the map window out and over to another monitor while I'm playing. Is this possible? I prefer to run GridCat in FullScreen mode rather than normal mode so wrapping monitors with the single window is not possible.

2. If I'm stuck on a single monitor I'd like to put the game in a large child window top to bottom while the map lives in a smaller square at the lower left and notes live in the upper left square. Whenever I change layout it duplicates the map window. I must be missing something, or maybe the trick is to just move one of the windows to show a note? I have avatar tracking on which, I think, effects both child windows?

Dig the ascii art :)

Code: Select all

| notes |game
| map   |game
Thanks.

Gah, you would think this was the first time I ever used a forum. Meant to post this in general, sorry about that.
Site Admin
Post Oct 16, 2018 18:16
Hi, thanks for the kind words!

GC only works within one window so you can't tear off a game view for another monitor, sorry. It would be cool if you could I'll definitely agree with that!

You should be able to do what you're trying by clicking the [v] icon in the top-right of each viewport - in the gamer edition you only have editor and game viewports though and no notes view - but I guess for notes you could write on some unused corner of the map with labels or the note tool?
Post Oct 17, 2018 18:41
David Walters wrote:
Oct 16, 2018 18:16
Hi, thanks for the kind words!

GC only works within one window so you can't tear off a game view for another monitor, sorry. It would be cool if you could I'll definitely agree with that!

You should be able to do what you're trying by clicking the [v] icon in the top-right of each viewport - in the gamer edition you only have editor and game viewports though and no notes view - but I guess for notes you could write on some unused corner of the map with labels or the note tool?
Or buy the Pro edition if it allows more flexibility. :)
Site Admin
Post Oct 18, 2018 15:36
Oh I should say there isn't a notepad or journal type viewport in the Pro version either.

* but if I did add that feature it would likely to be exclusive to that edition.