Thanks for reporting problems here.
Post Aug 16, 2019 11:36
Hello,

When using the text tool I get an immediate crash. Using the Note tool doesn't have that problem
Site Admin
Post Aug 18, 2019 07:36
Hi arytr, sorry to hear you're experiencing a crash.

What operating system are you using?
What edition of the software are you using?
Does the crash occur as soon as you click the T icon to activate the text tool? Or does it happen when you click the map to begin adding text? Or is it after that?
Post Aug 20, 2019 20:20
David Walters wrote:
Aug 18, 2019 07:36
Hi arytr, sorry to hear you're experiencing a crash.

What operating system are you using?
I'm using Windows 10.
David Walters wrote:
Aug 18, 2019 07:36
What edition of the software are you using?
Does the crash occur as soon as you click the T icon to activate the text tool? Or does it happen when you click the map to begin adding text? Or is it after that?
I'm on version v4.3.8
It crashes at random. Most the time the crash happens the moment I click the T or press T, just now I tested and it crashed after I added two texts.
Site Admin
Post Aug 21, 2019 19:05
Hi, that's helpfùl thanks.

Are you using Gamer, Pro or Steam edition?

What font settings are you using ? Font family, style, size, fake bold / italic / underline. Etc.

Can you describe your computer, is it a laptop or desktop? Does it have a dedicated graphics card? Does it have the latest drivers?

When it crashes is there an error message? Does the application hang and become unresponsive, or does it actually exit?

My guess at the moment is there's a failure to create the dynamic textures needed to render the typed characters. Not sure why that'd fail so I'm still guessing, this is the first reported issue with the text tool so I'm not sure exactly what's up. Just pressing T, (not actually clicking to start text entry) shouldn't cause crash though.

I'll try and get to the bottom of this.