Thanks for reporting problems here.
Post Jul 23, 2015 05:18
When using the 'wand' tool to select areas which have been colored with the terrain paint, I ran into a sudden crash when I missed my target. it would appear that when one attempts to autoselect the blank area in my map, the program will crash. I was unable to reproduce this bug by starting a new project and selecting anywhere in the new map, so I have no idea what could be causing this issue. if you'd like, I can send you the map in question so you could diagnose the problem- just let me know.
Site Admin
Post Jul 23, 2015 06:28
boostpower wrote:When using the 'wand' tool to select areas which have been colored with the terrain paint, I ran into a sudden crash when I missed my target. it would appear that when one attempts to autoselect the blank area in my map, the program will crash. I was unable to reproduce this bug by starting a new project and selecting anywhere in the new map, so I have no idea what could be causing this issue. if you'd like, I can send you the map in question so you could diagnose the problem- just let me know.
Hi, sorry you had a problem there. I wasn't aware of any crash bugs with the wand tool so if you can send me a map that does I should be able to find a solution to it. Please mail to contact at this domain dot com. Thanks.
Post Jul 23, 2015 18:17
I've sent the email about an hour ago. good luck!
Site Admin
Post Jul 23, 2015 22:02
Thanks, that was a good test case, much obliged :tiphat:

It's fixed now, download link here

edit: I plan to add a 'wand tool ignores empty tiles' option to a future version since for huge maps like yours that's probably not something you want happening - especially if it'll pause for a long time selecting everything.
Last edited by David Walters on Jul 23, 2015 22:15, edited 2 times in total.
Post Jul 23, 2015 22:25
excellent work, I'm happy to help.

that option would be very welcome in that map. much of the work I've put in on that map was put in trying to select one or two grids at a time, and the selection painter is fairly inaccurate for that work.

perhaps you could add in a 'radius' option to the selection painter brush to make it more useful in a wider scope?

either way, I'm glad I could help.