Thanks for reporting problems here.
Post Oct 04, 2016 08:44
David, I just encountered a weird bug — tried to edit a section of map drawn several days ago in 4.0.0 and found out that I cannot :)

Here's a representative section of the map:
http://www.glaymore.ru/tmp/bug.gct

Walls in the south-east corridor work ok, while all other walls cannot be deleted. Selecting the wall tool and clicking an existing wall does not remove it. This is definitely not normal :)

Cannot say whether this occurred in 4.0.0 or in 4.0.1, though.

BTW, I posted a tiny suggestion yesterday, in a wrong forum thread, not sure if you've seen it:
http://www.davidwaltersdevelopment.com/ ... 2576#p2576
Site Admin
Post Oct 04, 2016 09:44
Hi there. I looked at the map you sent. (I used the picker tool to help debug this)

The south-east part is made of 'Simple Block' tiles with manual walls, while the top-left are blocks with auto-walls. One of the limitations of these auto-wall blocks is they can't have walls removed.

A quick solution is to use the wand tool ('W') and click the top part (you'll notice the selection only extends to cover the auto-block tiles and will stop short at the SE corridor), then select 'Simple Block' from the Brush palette, and then Edit > Fill (CTRL+Backspace) to replace the affected area.

---

Looking to myself to fix this legit problem - it might have been good if it detected you were trying to erase a wall and 'baked' the block into a simple block + walls. i'll add this to the list to look into.

ps. yep I saw your request, I have it noted down as something to look at in more detail.
Last edited by David Walters on Oct 04, 2016 09:44, edited 2 times in total.
Post Oct 04, 2016 12:51
David Walters wrote:A quick solution is to use the wand tool ('W') and click the top part (you'll notice the selection only extends to cover the auto-block tiles and will stop short at the SE corridor), then select 'Simple Block' from the Brush palette, and then Edit > Fill (CTRL+Backspace) to replace the affected area.
Thank you! It worked like a charm.
Site Admin
Post Jul 24, 2018 23:16
In the next version this difference in behaviour has been eliminated. Auto-walled blocks have been totally re-written and now drawn using simple block floors and standard walls. The editor creates the same auto-wall effect as before but the eraser tool and toggling individual walls now works, as you originally expected.