Thanks for reporting problems here.
Post Oct 23, 2016 18:59
I've noticed that .gct files opened in the newest version of GC4 no longer retain their file names, and they must be renamed for the first save in a new session with said file.
Site Admin
Post Oct 23, 2016 19:15
Arkloyd wrote:I've noticed that .gct files opened in the newest version of GC4 no longer retain their file names, and they must be renamed for the first save in a new session with said file.
Thanks for reporting this problem.

Hmm.. I've tried to reproduce it but can't seem to see it happening. How exactly are you opening the files? e.g. via the recent list, the Start > Open button, drag&drop ? Does this apply to files from v4.02 or only from old files, or does it not matter?

What platform / edition / cpu-bits are you using?

Does the file name on the window title show the correct name? Does the status bar say 'Opened: "%pathtofile%".' correctly or is %pathtofile% bit wrong or missing ?

Also are you sure there are changes to the file? The save button is disabled if the file isn't "dirty" and only Save As... is available until you make a change (although CTRL+S will still work to force a save)
Last edited by David Walters on Oct 23, 2016 19:17, edited 3 times in total.
Post Oct 23, 2016 19:19
I'm opening the files from Windows Explorer, in the folder i saved them in.
So far I've only tested files made with earlier versions of the program.

When a file is opened, the top title bar doesn't contain the file's name until I go to save it (It calls the file 'Untitled'), then I have to click on the file I opened in the window that pops up, to get the same name to show up once more, and then it 'keeps' until the program is closed and reopened, when I have to do it all again.

Maybe I'll try a re-install and see if that helps the issue.
Edit: After a reinstall it still happens, but the file opens correctly if I use the 'recent files' option within the program itself.
Last edited by Arkloyd on Oct 23, 2016 19:22, edited 2 times in total.
Site Admin
Post Oct 23, 2016 19:26
Right! I see this now, hmm I'll look into it and all being well fix it for the next version. For now I'd suggest opening by another method, apologies for the inconvenience. Thanks again for reporting the problem.
Post Oct 23, 2016 19:47
I'm glad you found it, sort of. ;) and I'm sorry I did not put this into bug reports, which I missed entirely while looking for such a forum.
Site Admin
Post Oct 23, 2016 19:55
Arkloyd wrote:I'm glad you found it, sort of. ;) and I'm sorry I did not put this into bug reports, which I missed entirely while looking for such a forum.
That's fine, I'm just tidying up moving it here! :D
Site Admin
Post Oct 25, 2016 13:23
I've fixed this bug and it will be in the next release. I also finally added a proper file type association to the installer on Windows and am working on an official file icon right now.
Post Oct 26, 2016 01:43
Awesome, Glad to know you could figure that out! Thank you for all your hard work.
Post Nov 26, 2016 22:16
I also experienced this issue. Also, here's a weird thing, when opening a file through explorer the file's palette also resets along with the untitled thing.