Thanks for reporting problems here.
Post Nov 03, 2016 05:13
Have been playing with 3d mode and how it renders the multiple levels. so far I am pleasantly surprised. however, when I started adding the textures I noticed something unexpected. The outdoor tiles apply a sky mesh "ceiling" . This does not work at all when viewing in 3D where you should be able to see multiple levels high.
Site Admin
Post Nov 03, 2016 08:40
athelu wrote:Have been playing with 3d mode and how it renders the multiple levels. so far I am pleasantly surprised. however, when I started adding the textures I noticed something unexpected. The outdoor tiles apply a sky mesh "ceiling" . This does not work at all when viewing in 3D where you should be able to see multiple levels high.
Hi, thanks for reporting this. The 3D view isn't, but should, either respecting the Setup > Display > Ceiling Marks option or using its own option to disable ceiling display. ( I'm thinking having a new option Setup > 3D Engine > "Hide Ceilings" would be the most flexible. ) So you have tiles with ceilings but it's not obvious where they're coming from. Sorry about that!

Secondly I need to add more nuance to the current setting: Options > Editor > Add Ceiling to Block, Corridor and Terrain. That should really be split into two - enabled by default for blocks / corridors but disabled by default for terrain, since - as you've found - it doesn't really make sense to have ceiling on terrain.

For now I would suggest you disable the "Add Ceiling to Block, Corridor and Terrain" option and use the Eraser to remove just the ceilings from the selected area (you may need to go to Setup > Display > Ceiling Marks to see them in the map view) - then manually add ceilings in using the Ceiling brush (in the Tile Effects section of the Brush palette) as you need them.
Site Admin
Post Nov 03, 2016 09:50
Okay, the split auto-draw-ceiling option will be in the next version. I decided to turn them both off by default because, as ceiling display is off by default, it would be more confusing for it to be doing this behind your back.
Site Admin
Post Nov 03, 2016 10:41
You'll also be able disable all ceiling rendering in the 3D engine now, if you don't want to see them there. Ceilings are visible in 3D by default though.