Announcements of New Releases
Site Admin
Post Jul 02, 2017 15:23
*** I've released a v4.0.6b update which fixes a crash when loading certain maps. Please update! ***

---

The main things added in this update are:

* Custom tile groups.
* Multiple selection of custom tiles for delete (hold CTRL or CMD on macOS).
* File merging (import) and exporting single regions to new .GCR files.
* Hide command for regions (right click the region bar).
* Many fixes.

Download: http://gridcartographer.com/download/

Complete Change Log:

* NOTE: Map files created by this version will not open in previous versions of the software.

Pro Edition

* ADDED: Support for reduced precision bit depths in the palette editor.
* ADDED: Option to export all floors to a mesh, not just the current one.
* ADDED: New API function GCKernel.ExecHookParam allows command hooks to take parameters via new 'user' arg type.
* FIXED: Restored image export of effects and darkness layers (broken in v4.0.4)
* FIXED: Double backspace issue on the console command line.
* FIXED: Wand tool will now correctly stop at the edge of a limited grid in both hex modes.

All Editions

* ADDED: Custom Tile Groups. Select multiple custom tiles (Hold CTRL or CMD on macOS), right-click and choose 'Create Group'
* ADDED: File Merging. Press CTRL+M (CMD+M on macOS) to add the contents of another map file to the current one.
* ADDED: Right-click context menu for Region Bar.
* ADDED: Region hiding. Right-click the region bar and choose Hide to reduce clutter for big maps.
* ADDED: Ability to save a single region as a .GCR file. This is the same data format as GCT, but the extension change prevents overwriting a full map by accident.
* ADDED: Colour panel tool-tip.
* ADDED: Game Link profile views now support scaling. Use <scalex mul="a" div="b" /> (or scaley) to feed ( x * a ) / b into GC from game.
* CHANGED: Select multiple markers / terrain / custom tiles by holding CTRL (CMD on macOS) while selecting.
* CHANGED: Deleting custom tiles supports multiple selection.
* CHANGED: Allowed manual control of the repeating values option in grid setup while Game Link is active.
* CHANGED: Wand tool will no longer distinguish between Blocks (with auto-edges) and Simple Blocks (without) which is much more intuitive.
* FIXED: Issues with defining huge grid setups in Game Link profiles, thanks Grauken.
* FIXED: ToolOpts clicks registering when panel is collapsed (e.g. phantom h/v swapping of custom tiles)
* FIXED: Possible corruption for recent files list.
* FIXED: Possible crash when reverting a map and a newly added custom tile disappears.

Windows & macOS

* CHANGED: Upgraded to libpng 1.6.29
Post Jul 22, 2017 13:22
Hello,

I have not updated Grid Cartographer since 4.03b and now when I did download newest upgrade, it crashes during startup. Tested also 4.0.4 version, and it crashes also.
Site Admin
Post Jul 22, 2017 15:23
GoingDown wrote:
Jul 22, 2017 13:22
Hello,

I have not updated Grid Cartographer since 4.03b and now when I did download newest upgrade, it crashes during startup. Tested also 4.0.4 version, and it crashes also.
Hi, sorry you're having problems. Can you e-mail me using the contact form: http://gridcartographer.com/contact/ and let me know what O/S you're running, basic computer information you think might be relevant, etc. and I'll try and get to the bottom of things with you.