Announcements of New Releases
Site Admin
Post Jan 19, 2015 11:10
Grid Cartographer v2.1.1 is now available

DOWNLOAD HERE

This twelfth release of GC focuses on wrapping up some loose ends and fixing several bugs before version 3 development begins. As such it's the last update I have planned for the v2.x series (although I'm not discounting bug fix releases should something major crop up, so do report any issues you find). I'm very excited about v3 and hope to start revealing further information about it soon!

I also just want to add a big thank you to everyone who has supported this project in any way since I released it all the way back in June 2013 to today and beyond. Thanks! :D

ATTENTION 1: Recent reports show that Grid Cartographer 2 (any version) is unfortunately incompatible with Android 5 "Lollipop". I hope to resolve this eventually but currently have no timeframe for this. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Also, to be clear, in addition to v3 it is my intention for v2 to also support Android 5, so there will eventually be an update to address this.

ATTENTION 2: Maps saved by this version will not open in older versions. All your old maps should work correctly.

Full Change Log:

* PRO: Added nudge up/down/left/right buttons to the floor and transform toolbars. (Shortcut: Shift + cursor keys).
* ADDED: Some characters from unicode block "CJK Symbols and Punctuation", including left/right corner brackets.
* ADDED: 25% zoom level.
* ADDED: Input option to require the left mouse button to be held while panning the view with the space bar.
* ADDED: Scroll buttons to region bar.
* CHANGED: Axis values will shrink slightly at lower zoom levels to better fit within the tighter grid spacing.
* FIXED: Flipping a floor or selected region would mess up diagonal walls and doors.
* FIXED: Drifting off-center when flipping a floor or selected region. Drifting during rotation is reduced.
* FIXED: Incorrect resizing of selection marquee after rotating/flipping during paste or move.
* FIXED: Not restoring camera zoom correctly when loading a map, causing position to be wrong. NOTE: This will need to be manually corrected first and then saved using this version to completely fix the problem.
* FIXED: Keyboard shortcuts involving the shift key such as Ctrl+Shift+S (Save as...) not working.
* FIXED: Incorrect floor 'index' attribute when exporting maps as XML.

Enjoy!