The forum for General Discussion
Post May 07, 2018 14:10
Great, this is perfect! Thank you for the response! I am so very happy to hear I don't have to use Steam! I'll be purchasing a copy shortly.

Thanks again for the quick reply!

David Walters wrote:
May 04, 2018 11:48
Woofin wrote:
May 04, 2018 03:41
I must say, I'm extremely impressed with the author's replies to all of the questions, it gives me confidence in buying this software :)

Two quick questions though:

1) I saw mention of a Steam key. I will not use Steam. Is Grid Cartographer available standalone on Windows (not using Steam)?

2) I'd like to try the standard version and maybe upgrade to pro after I try it out. Is there an upgrade discount to go this route?

Thanks in advance!
Hi Woofin, thanks for the questions.

1. Grid Cartographer is currently available as a stand-alone product you buy from me directly (payment is handled via FastSpring). If you do so you'll have access to an installer to download and be e-mailed a serial key to enter. Beyond that there's no involvement with any third party distributor or client (i.e. Steam).

My plans for Steam have been somewhat delayed and it hasn't been launched yet, however when it does I intend to continue to operate the web store here in addition to having Grid Cartographer "on Steam" - it will be the same product available from two different places that you decide based on your own preference. I don't intend to force Steam on anyone who doesn't want it.

2. There isn't a discount for the New Customer -> Gamer -> Pro path, nor is there any significant penalty (99c) - by design the total you'll pay is about the same.